Conference 2019 - Journey to Oz
Wednesday, 2nd January 2019
Title: Journey to Oz -Travelling Together Towards Inclusive Education
When: March 20th & 21st 2019
Where: Croke Park Conference Centre, Dublin
In the classic story The Wizard of Oz, Dorothy leads her charges through the Land of Oz to the Emerald City seeking a hearing from the all-powerful wizard. They hope to convince the wizard to use his powers to grant them all something they believe they are missing – the scarecrow, a brain; the lion, courage; and the tin man, a heart. When the wizard turns out to be a charlatan, all seems to be lost but with Dorothy’s encouragement and support, her charges realise through the journey they have made, that they already have the traits they wished for inside of them.
Students and staff in our further and higher education system are also on significant journeys - students are travelling the road to graduation and staff are navigating the move towards mainstreamed inclusion on campus. Much like in Oz, they find that the journey itself is more important than the final destination and they find what they crave within them.
This international conference featuring over 50 different sessions, delivered by more than 70 contributors, spanning 4 continents of the world will ask:
- How can our college services respond to an increasingly diverse student population and help them to release the potential within as they travel the yellow brick road towards graduation?
- How can our teachers and academics, recognising the journey that they themselves are on, adapt their practice in our evolving inclusive institutions and like Dorothy, be the catalyst our diverse students need to help them realise their aspirations?
- How do our Disability Service Staff share their knowledge, expertise and best practice with academics and wider student services to help them to ‘find their way home’ in this changing landscape?
This conference is for teaching staff, student services staff and all others in the campus infrastructure interested in an inclusive approach. If students are your concern, then there’s something here for you!
We are delighted to release the draft schedule for the AHEAD Conference 2019. The exciting draft programme for this event is spread over 2 days and features over 50 different sessions, delivered by more than 70 contributors, spanning 4 continents of the world.
Staff from AHEAD Member Institutions* - €199 (Speakers get 20% off this price)
*Most Irish HEIs and some ETBs are members (see - ahead.ie/currentmembers)
Standard Non - Member Rate - €299 (Speakers get 20% off this price)
Speakers on the programme will receive 20% off the standard registration fees above.
10 free student places allocated through our Learner Lottery (details later). Group rates available on request.
Interested in Conference Sponsorship/Exhibition?
If your company/organisation is interested in exhibiting at the AHEAD conference, we have a range of opportunities available to suit different needs and price points. Sponsorship of the conference gives organisations a unique opportunity to:
- Increase credibility – showcase your company’s expertise and commitment to a captive audience.
- Be part of a good news story – professionals in higher and further education coming together to talk about how make education more accessible and inclusive.
- Generate sales leads and make new connections with decision makers and those with buying power in 3rd level education. Put your brand in front of hundreds of referrers of business.
- Connect directly to very ‘hard to reach’ demographic.