AHEAD are Hiring: Digital Media and eLearning Officer
Tuesday, 29th October 2019
AHEAD is seeking to hire a Digital Media and eLearning Officer. The person who takes up this exciting role will manage AHEAD’s digital presence and work on changing culture in further/higher education and employment through the promotion and provision of professional development opportunities for staff on inclusive practices.
The successful candidate will have a varied and flexible role and will have a great opportunity to have a positive impact on the experiences of students and graduates in further/higher education and employment.
AHEAD is a non-profit working on creating inclusive environments in education and employment for people with disabilities. You can find more about what we do by watching this short video.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Managing the roll out of AHEAD’s online and blended CPD programmes for staff in further/higher education and employment and the development of new programmes. Sample programmes – AHEAD Start and the Digital Badge in UDL.
- Managing the AHEAD website, ensuring content is up to date and serving our key stakeholders well including students and graduates with disabilities, further/higher education staff and employers.
- Working with our external web designers to further develop the features, functionality and design of the website.
- Working with other AHEAD staff responsible for uploading content to ensure quality.
- Contributing where appropriate to the writing of new content and updating of existing content relating to a variety of topics relating to accessing college, inclusive practice e.g. access routes, disability support, universal design for learning, assistive technologies.
- Designing and laying out select AHEAD publications and promotional material.
- Building relationships with key members of staff in further/higher education institutions to effectively promote our professional development opportunities and communicate our key messages.
Other Important Tasks Will Include
- Liaising with our external IT maintenance firm to build and maintain AHEAD’s IT systems including managing their work installing new systems.
- Playing a shared role in shaping AHEAD’s social media output including supporting the design of new campaigns.
- Contributing to the design and delivery of AHEAD events such as our international conference.
Key Applicant Skills/Attributes
- Strong digital skills and ability to adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Experience working with design and layout software such as those within the Adobe Creative Suite e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator.
- Good visual design sensibilities.
- Strong writing skills and ability to adapt writing styles for different contexts and target audiences e.g. for web aimed at students or online course aimed at professionals.
- Ability to communicate messages effectively.
- Ability to work as part of a flexible team and a willingness to support other AHEAD staff in completing tasks where appropriate.
- Experience managing/teaching online courses in a Virtual Learning Environment such as Moodle.
Desirable Applicant Skills/Attributes
- Degree in a field relating to digital media/technology, social policy or disability.
- Understanding of digital accessibility – ability to create accessible documents and digital content.
- Previous work experience in an area related to AHEAD’s work – inclusive practice, assistive technology, inclusive teaching and learning, disability support etc.
- Ability to make and edit videos using video editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Previous experience being involved in the management of events or workshops.
- Good presentation skills
Starting salary range is available on request by contacting email@example.com. Interviews will likely take place the week of Nov 25th 2019 in Dublin. Main place of work will be in the AHEAD Offices, currently situated on the campus of UCD Smurfit School of Business in Blackrock.
How to Apply
To make an application, please email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Wed 13th November 2019. If relevant, your cover letter may include links to samples of previous work or projects relating to design, multimedia, eLearning etc.
AHEAD is an equal opportunities employer and reasonable accommodations will be provided where necessary.