Virtual Mock Interviews
What days are the mock interviews?
- Monday 24th August
- Wednesday 26th August
- Friday 27th August
How will the mock interview work?
- You must confirm your appointment with the AHEAD staff member and complete a questionnaire in advance of your interview. This will be sent to the employer so they can prepare for your interview.
- You will then receive an email from an AHEAD staff member with your allocated time and a link to the Zoom meeting.
- All you have to do is click into the link provided to you in the email 5 minutes prior to your appointment slot. If you click into the link too early, you will be in a waiting room and only admitted to the main room at your scheduled appointment time.
- You will be admitted into the main Zoom meeting room and welcomed by an AHEAD staff member.
- You will then be assigned into a breakout room with the employer where they will do a mock interview with you.
- At the end of your appointment, an AHEAD staff member will notify you that your interview is finished and you will be removed from the meeting.
You can watch a video of how it works below.
How do I book in for a mock interview?
We have a limited number of mock interviews and you must book your interview through our Eventbrite page. Each mock interview will last for approx. 35 minutes.
Check out our YouTube video on how to register.
What exactly is a mock interview?
A mock interview is a like a real job interview that is used to practice your interview skills. The interview resembles a real interview as closely as possible and you will be asked questions in the mock interview like you would expect to get in a real job interview. It provides you with the knowledge of what to expect in an interview but also help you to improve on your skills.
Will I get feedback from the interview?
Yes, the purpose of the mock interview is to for you to get feedback! You will get feedback at the end of the mock interview from the employers interviewing you who will assess your overall performance, the answers you gave to the questions they asked and your overall presentation.