Central Bank Graduate Programme
Monday, 23rd September 2019
Applications are currently open for two positions on the 2020 Central Bank Graduate Programme for the General Grad Programme or Data , Digital and Technology Stream. These positions are for a 3-Year contract.
Candidates who are interested in applying should have achieved – or are on target for – a 2.1 in any degree discipline.
To apply, you should complete an application form and copy your CV into the form and save as one document.
The closing date is 4pm, Friday 25th October 2019.
- Interviews to take place November/December 2019
- Expected start date of September/October 2020.
In choosing to start your career with Central Bank of Ireland, your career and development will be our priority and we will provide the environment and opportunities for you to:
- Make a real difference and deliver output that matters
- Benefit from a panoramic view of the financial system
- Achieve your personal and professional goals
You'll work with people who have diverse degrees, backgrounds and skill-sets. Diversity of thinking is key to success at the Central Bank – we encourage individuals from all degree disciplines to apply. No matter your area of study, you can expect a rewarding and challenging career at the Central Bank, whether this is working in our regulation, central banking, conduct or operations teams.
General Graduate Programme Stream
Our three-year Graduate Programme will allow you to experience the diverse and unique work we’re involved in. You’ll be able to make a difference by participating in activities like:
- Contributing to the development of policies, procedures and frameworks – such as how we regulate firms or how we run our organisation
- Leveraging your curiosity to identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Providing solutions – underpinned by research and analysis – to complex problems that are unique to working at the Central Bank
- Undertaking tailored training while developing and enhancing your technical and soft skills across a range of areas such as stakeholder engagement, risk management and business strategy.
During the programme, you’ll participate in a number of rotations, which will accelerate your development – allowing you to improve your technical and interpersonal skills through meaningful and challenging work.
Optional Stream – Data, Digital and Technology
If you’re passionate about data, digital or technology and you want to manage the information that the Central Bank collects, stores, analyses and produces – we encourage you to select this stream of the programme.
You’ll be involved in:
- Contributing to how we screen and transmit data to aid supervision and reporting
- Helping us to build and maintain our data infrastructure for the future
- Using data analytics tools to find out what’s behind the numbers
- Working collaboratively within cross-functional teams alongside developers, analysts, architects and testers
- Helping to drive best practice for development, with a focus on continuous improvement to enhance our data capability
- Bringing new ideas to the table.
For this stream, we are particularly interested in graduates from statistics/econometrics, computer science, maths, engineering, electronics and cyber security disciplines.
TO APPLY PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- Log into your WAMWorks account.
- Complete the Application Form (Word Doc) and attach your CV with it into ONE document.
- Tick the Central Bank Graduate Programme in your WAMWorks account and upload directly underneath.
The closing date for applications is 4pm Friday 25th October 2019.
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be considered and all applications must be uploaded directly via your WAMWorks account.
To make enquiries or to request this information in an alternative format please contact WAM directly by phoning 01 716 8844 or email email@example.com.
For more opportunities, please see our Current Opportunities page.