What is a mock interview?
Mock interviews allow participants to get valuable practice at presenting themselves at an interview. In our mock interview sessions you will take part in an interview for 25 minutes, with 10 minutes at the end for the interviewers to provide you with feedback. Their constructive advice will be hugely beneficial as you will get a chance to see yourself through the eyes of a HR professional.
How will the mock interview work?
- You must confirm your appointment with the AHEAD staff member and complete a questionnaire in advance of your interview. This will be sent to the employer so they can prepare for your interview.
- You will then receive an email from an AHEAD staff member with your allocated time and a link to the Zoom meeting.
- All you have to do is click into the link provided to you in the email 5 minutes prior to your appointment slot. If you click into the link too early, you will be in a waiting room and only admitted to the main room at your scheduled appointment time.
- You will be admitted into the main Zoom meeting room and welcomed by an AHEAD staff member.
- You will then be assigned into a breakout room with the employer where they will do a mock interview with you.
- At the end of your appointment, an AHEAD staff member will notify you that your interview is finished and you will be removed from the meeting.
How do I book in for a mock interview?
We have a limited number of mock interviews and you must book your interview through this Eventbrite page here. Each mock interview will last for approx. 30 minutes.