Pfizer - Quality Control (Chemist / Microbiologist)
Applications are currently open for Quality Control (Chemist / Microbiologist) with Pfizer Newbridge, KIldare.
Third level science or engineering-based degree in relevant discipline is preferred. This role is an 11 -month temporary contract working onsite.
The closing date is 12pm, Wednesday 12th May 2021.
Chemists/Microbiologists are responsible for undertaking activities pertaining to lab operations and compliance. The role involves a high level of laboratory testing and issue resolution, always with a focus on continuous improvement and Right First Time (RFT).
- Routinely performs sampling and chemical/physical/microbiological analysis. May provide training for team members. For systems support, performs testing or validation of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) critical systems
- Ensures compliant and timely documentation and resolution of events. Participates in error reduction activities in the laboratory
- Performs peer reviews of data and logbooks
- Provides an efficient customer focused service by ensuring laboratory processes, equipment and services are maintained in an operational and safe state.
- May update QC documentation
- Identifies Continuous Improvement opportunities and participates in Continuous Improvement activities
- Ensures strict adherence to site policies/procedures, cGMP / Good Lab Practice (GLP) and environmental, health and safety regulations
- Ensures area of responsibility is maintained in a state of compliance and audit readiness in line with current regulations. All related procedures and documentation are completed and maintained in line with cGMP and Site procedures
- Maintain a high level of personal and colleague safety and housekeeping
- Undertakes responsibilities in line with RFT principles
- Demonstrates company values and Pfizer colleague competencies.
Qualifications and Experience
- Third level science or engineering-based degree in relevant discipline is preferred.
- Exceptions may be considered where relevant experience and appropriate aptitude, competencies and behaviours exist (this may be supplemented by further education).
- Understanding of appropriate Directives, Standards, Policies and Guidelines for Pharmaceutical Industry e.g. cGMP
- Previous relevant laboratory experience, desirable.
- Effective problem solving and must be able to work within a team and on own initiative where required.
Download the full job description in MS Word.
TO APPLY PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- Log into your WAMWorks account.
- Tick Pfizer Quality Control and upload your CV directly underneath.
- Confirm your interview accommodations for a virtual interview in the box before you click submit.
- Apply before 12pm, Wednesday 12th May 2021.
To make enquiries please contact WAM directly by phoning 01 716 8844 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more opportunities, please see our Current Opportunities page.