You can control which non-essential cookies are used while visiting this website:
Terms & Conditions
- Please read the Information Pack for important information before submitting your completed application.
- Placements are full-time, paid, mentored and for a period of a minimum 6 months duration and take place in the workplace.
- The AHEAD WAM Programme is a competitive recruitment process. CV screening, interviewing and candidate selection are conducted by the employers NOT the WAM Programme. Therefore we cannot guarantee an invitation to interview or an offer of placement.
- The offer of a placement is on the condition that the successful applicant completes a needs assessment. The needs assessment process is a consultative process between WAM, the successful candidate and the employer. The aim of the needs assessment is to identify what, if any, reasonable accommodations will be required on placement. Please note that in order to facilitate a thorough needs assessment process you will be asked to disclose your disability.
- AHEAD regards the lawful and responsible treatment of personal information as very important and therefore ensures that this data is collected, processed, stored and disposed of with this in mind. To this end, AHEAD endorses the principles of Data Protection, and is in full compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018. Some or all elements of the selection process may be undertaken by third parties. In such circumstances it will be necessary for your information to be shared between AHEAD and these parties in order for your application to be processed.
- Information provided on your registration to the database will be utilised in the following ways:
- To administrate and facilitate WAM work placements in a smooth manner;
- Where information is provided in relation to reasonable accommodation, this information will be passed on to the relevant employers in order to provide the necessary supports at interview;
- Some elements of data provided may be used, in aggregated and anonymous form, for research/statistical purposes in order to inform our funders and other interested parties of WAM’s achievements and progress.
- There is no guarantee of a permanent position with any of the employers as a result of undertaking a WAM placement.