WAMWorks FAQs & Tutorials
Below is a list of the most frequently asked questions.
If you previously registered with WAM and AHEAD via our old database, you will have an account already registered on the new WAMWorks account however you may need to reset a new password to log into your account.
Go to https://www.ahead.ie/wamworks?opt=retrieve, enter the email address which was used to receive notifications previously and you will be sent an email to create a new password.
- Click on the "Create A New Account" button below to start the registration process.
- You will be asked some basic contact and personal information which is required before you can set up an account. .
- Your email that you have used to register will be your username that you will use to login. We recommend using a personal email address rather than a college email address.
- You will also need to input your educational details and complete the skills section however you can edit and update this after you create a new account.
- An upload facility is available to upload your CV and any other additional documents that may be used when applying for WAM placements.
Try to fill in all questions accurately and as best as you can.
If you do not register, you will not receive updates from the WAM Programme or GetAHEAD and you will not be able to apply for a WAM placement.
The old database was set up in 2012 using a simple form, however, with improved technological advances and a brand new AHEAD website, a redevelopment was necessary. WAM and GetAHEAD consulted with students, graduates and employers on what information was most important and of most value to them.
A skills section was identified as being one of the most important, where it would give students and graduates a chance to reflect on the skills they have and also to help the WAM team in finding candidates for WAM placements quicker if an employer required a specific skillset. This information was not collected before, so in the transfer of all of the old users, we only transferred information which was still relevant and applicable.
Previously to apply for a WAM placement, an application form and a CV were necessary. With the new database, an application form is no longer necessary and with the function to upload your most recent and up to date CV in the ‘My Documents’ section, this means all you will have to do is apply for a placement by ticking a box!
It also makes our administration work a lot easier!
Sometimes assistive technology will not always be so advanced, if you are having difficulty with your screen reading software, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can edit your details and upload your application for you.
Video Tutorial - How to Apply for a WAM Placement
Please watch this video tutorial of how to use the Dashboard and apply for a WAM placement.