Strategies & Resources for the Recruitment and Testing of Graduates with Disabilities
Strategies and Resources for Recruitment and Testing of Graduates with a Disability – Are you sure your testing is accessible?
The focus of this event is on the assessment component of recruitment and the barriers posed by this process for many disabled applicants. Many companies use testing (in all its formats) as a component of the recruitment process and many more are moving towards using it.
We aim to address the overall questions -
- How much does the assessment really influence the overall decision to recruit or not to recruit?
- How much should the assessment influence the overall decision to recruit or not to recruit?
An interactive session will follow an expert panel discussion covering several topics including:
- How to test applicants with a disability legally
- Planning for testing applicants with a disability
- The testing environment/the test centre & testing procedures
- Ensuring Deaf and Hard of Hearing Applicants are not discriminated against when using testing
- Visible versus. perceived disabilities — how differences may affect the way you treat applicants
- The real meaning of "reasonable accommodation" in relation to testing
- Changes to ensure your testing is discrimination-proof – (Managing Disability/Accommodations)
The day will commence at 9.30am with registration and will run through to 1.30pm. Tea, coffee and pastries will be available from 9.00am with lunch also being provided to those who attend. This event is FREE of charge but registration is ESSENTIAL. Registration closes on the 18th September 2013. If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 01 716 8844.