Into... I Don't Know What!
Below you'll find some tips and advice for students with disabilities ensure about what college course to choose.
TOP 5 TIPS
- This is the first step on your career journey - ask yourself - if I was my older self advising my younger self - what would I say?
- Look at what you are good at and enjoy learning - both inside and outside of school. And remember there are also newer topics as you move forward.
- Consider all options that interest you - remember to first think about what you want to do - & then think about how you will do it.
- Be true to yourself - think about who you are & what you have to offer. Are you the person that seeks out company & chat or do you prefer to step back & listen? We all have our unique traits!
- Focus on an area & then explore it - at open days, with friends, on the net - even Social media! Do your homework! And enjoy it!
WHO PROVIDED THESE TIPS?
Mary Quirke is a qualified Guidance Counsellor and works part-time as Business Development Director with AHEAD while engaging in her PHD studies.
Before embarking on her studies, she held the role of Assistant Director of AHEAD.